Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Wish List...

I know I need to update y'all on the latest here in Cameroon, but the internet here is a bitch and, let's be honest, some things take priority over others. Plus some of you have been asking what you should send my way, so here it is!

Below you will find my wish list in case you have the urge to send me a (much appreciated) package here. Make sure you read the info I posted on mailing stuff - c'est tres important in order for it to actually make it from you to me. :) You would be surprised how fiercely you miss certain things when thousands of miles away...

My Wish List...

Splenda
Hand Sanitizer
Good Pens
DVDs of your favorite films that you think I might enjoy watching..
CDs of your favorite music that you think I might enjoy listening to...
BOOKS!!! Send me anything and everything you think might be worth reading!
CANDY!! Lately I've been craving sourpatch kids, peanut butter m & m's, and rolos, but pretty much anything would please me...
Beef Jerky
Dried Fruit - love dried apricots, apples, etc...
Chips - doritos, sunchips, etc...love 'em
Nuts - there are loads of peanuts here, but I really miss almonds and cashews
Peanut Butter - I know, they have lots of peanuts but no peanut butter, strange eh? Well, I should say peanut butter the way we think of peanut butter as they do have something they equate to pb, but its not the real thing...
Protein Bars (like Cliff Bars)
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal! :)
Dry Food Mixes...like cookie, cake or brownie mixes, or sauce mixes like alfredo or ranch or fun seasoning stuff like barbeque...we have simple stuff like eggs and milk that I can use to make them so anything that doesn't required too much to be added...
Games/Art Stuff - I'm thinking stuff like Sodoku, Paint by Numbers, Cross-Stitch, etc...
Gum
Surprises!!! :)

If I think of anything else I'll let you know. Love you guys!! Thank you!!!

5 comments:

ta mere said...

Hey Court,
Sent some Splenda, long sleeved zip up of yours, a cross-stitch and some odds and ends (pens, etc) but forgot the sourpatch kids and your NGO book. Rats! Will send a new package with your birthday present. It may come in two sections because Caitlin has half of your present.
Love you much!
Mom

Allison said...

Hi Little Court!
I love you and hope to talk to you today. I miss you so much and I can't wait to catch up with you.
I love the blogs-- good job and keep them coming!
Love always,
Xianthu

Annee Gohl said...

Hi Courtney,
I am a recent (soon to be) Peace Corps volunteer (agroforestry) in Cameroon. September 17 is my 'go' date. It has been really great to see everyones blog to get a little bit of a feel of what is soon to come. One thing (among many) to think about is what to pack. Reading over your 'wish list' well, I thought I would see if you have any tips for packing. I read over the packing list provided by the Peace Corps, but is there anything you can think of that is not on the list that you wish you would have brought? If you have any advise/tips I would love anything you have.
I hope you are having a great stay in Cameroon! How exciting!
Best,
Andrea Gohl

b2265 said...

Hi Courtney,

Jessica gave me your blog site and I love to hear about what you are up to... I am very glad to see that I'm not the only one struggling to speak french... and perhaps when we get back to Michigan; we will have a huge laugh of it all!!!

Hope you are having a wonderful New Year... and if I can find how to send you a package, I'll see what Switzerland has to offer an American in Camaeroon ;o)

Keep in touch...
Karley

Steve said...

Hello,

I was just surfing on your blog and thought I should introduce myself. I am steve, I am an engineer currently working in yaounde Cameroon. I graduated in the USA before going back home over 7 years ago. I see you are in Cameroon as well, What do you do and I hope you are enjoying the country.

Yours sincerely,

Steve T.
lecamer@gmail.com
cell: +237 75 29 99 09